This game of tag has been going around the bloggy teacher world over the weekend so I am excited to participate! Thanks girls! :-)
Here are the rules:
1. Post the rules.
2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself.
3. Answer the questions the tagger sent for you in their post, and create 12 new questions for the people you tag.
4. Tag 12 people and link them on your post.
5. Let them know you've tagged them.
Here are 12 facts about me (this is going to be hard...)
1. I don't eat very healthy (I wish I did... :-/ ). My favorite is Taco Bell. I know, so bad...
2. I love shows like Law & Order and Criminal Minds.
3. I have been married for almost four years.
4. We live down the street (less than a mile) from my in-laws (love them!!!).
5. I am a big Chargers/Padre fan... I know, I know...
6. I am scared of reptiles- like lizards and snakes. Yuck!!!
7. We have annual zoo passes.
8. I am a sucker for reality TV.
9. I can't sleep in past 8am.
10. I get my lunch and outfit for the next day ready the night before.
11. I got married at the same place my principal did!
12. I love living in Southern California because this is what I did over the weekend:
Sat in my backyard with the puppies, blogging and planning and catching up on homework. It was 81 degrees out! The neighbors were in their pool! Love it!!!
Here are my answers to Latricia's questions.
1. My favorite hobby is playing with my dogs and spending time with family.... Is that a hobby?!? Between work and school and everything else, I find myself with little time for anything else. :)
2. I have no children yet.
3. My most embarrassing teaching moment was when the superintendent came to visit my classroom.... on a Friday afternoon... with ONLY 30 minutes of school left! What did he expect!?! We were all doing "Free Choice Friday" and
4. It depends on what season it is- winter is usually professional development books and school books and research articles :-(, and summer is full of girlie novels and beach reads :) Love summertime!!!
5. Harry Potter- definitely! :)
6. My favorite meal is anything homemade...I don't really cook, so when I get to eat a homemade meal I am happy! :)
7. If I could visit anywhere, I would love to go back to Napili Kai in Hawaii. We went there for our honeymoon and it was incredible!!!
8. If I could go back in time and meet one person, I would love to go back and spend more time with my grandma. :)
9. The last movie I saw in the theater was Crazy Stupid Love. It was GREAT!!!
10. I am always on time. I freak out if I am going to be late!!! Yikes!
11. One person I admire is my teaching partner, who teaches right next door to me! I have learned so much from her about being a great teacher and friend. :)
12. My favorite kind of music is anything. I'm not really picky. My favorite album on my iPod right now is Colbie Callat- All of You.
Here are the answer's to Stacy's questions:
1. I have been blogging for about a month now. I'm a newbie blogger. :) I initially started blogging to document the amazing year I'm having and the great kiddos I have this year...like a virtual journal.
2. Favorite ice cream is chocolate chip cookie dough from Baskin Robbins.
3. Lisa at Stories from Second is my blogging addition, plus many others!!! I am always excited to read her posts and have gotten some amazing ideas from her!
4. Favorite Pinterest find:
I just love this- and it's so true!
5. Most memorable freebie was Lisa's Double Digit Addition & Subtraction Scoot. This is where I first learned about the "Scoot" around the room activity and fell in LOVE with it!
6. Worst experience as a teacher would be: When kids throw up in the classroom, not knowing if I was going to get my job back each year, and difficult parents.
7. Best experience as a teacher would be seeing my kiddos smiling faces every morning (I have an awesome class this year!!!). Seeing the lightbulb go on is priceless.
8. I became a teacher to make a difference (cheesy, I know...)
9. Besides blogging, I am obsessed with corgis! :-) I have 3!
10. I feel the best when I'm at home.
11. I met Chris Harrison from the Bachelor once!
12. I can't live without reality TV (Bachelor, Teen Mom, Real Housewives)!!!
Here are my answer's to Julia's questions:
1. My favorite subject to teach is writing.
2. I do have a SMARTBoard in my classroom and LOVE it!
3. I don't use songs as often as I would like to in my classroom. :-(
4. I am married to my prince charming.
5. I am not picky and listen to all sorts of music. (See Latrcia's #12)
6. This is my fifth year teaching. Two years in 4th and 3 years in 2nd.
7. One of my resolutions is to continue going to the gym at least twice a week. So far, so good :)
8. If I wasn't teaching, I would be a zookeeper- I've always wanted to be a zookeeper and work with animals at the zoo. :) Strange, huh? (I'm pretty sure being a teacher is very similar to being a zookeeper, though ;-)
9. I get my inspiration for creating stuff from all of the other amazing teacher bloggers out there- no TPT store yet, though.
10. My all time favorite TV show is Friends. I have all ten seasons on DVD.
11. I have three corgi dogs. :) :) :)
12. I think Pinterest would be a good recipe finder. Although I rarely ever cook- that was another one of my resolutions (so far, not so good on that one...). And my "Recipe" board on Pinterest consists of one dessert recipe. Very sad...
Here are my answers to Haley's questions:
1. My favorite place to eat is Sun Tacos- a little Mexican food place by our house. Yum! :)
2. My favorite accessory is my wedding ring... I don't wear much jewelry.
3. My favorite game to play is Sequence.
4. I love to spend time with my family and when I'm not blog stalking.
5. I always pack my lunch. I learned my lesson one day when I forgot my lunch and had to have the driest, rock-hard chicken nuggets in my life!
6. I love to read books anywhere- a paper book or on my iPad.
7. No such thing as morning announcements here, we are on a tight schedule and we are writing within 5 minutes of the bell ringing!
8. I love the car that I have- Toyota Rav4... I call it the Ravasaurus!
9. I'm even- 10 boys and 10 girlies.
10. Biggest indulgence is Taco Bell.
11. Dog person for sure!
12. My big plans for the summer are clean out the garage and relax at home, my favorite thing to do!!!
And here are my questions (I'll make this as easy as possible :)
1. Dogs or cats?
2. Sweet or sour?
3. FRIENDS or Seinfeld?
4. Morning person or night owl?
5. Coke or Pepsi?
6. High heels or flip flops?
7. Run or walk?
8. Chocolate or vanilla?
9. Summer or winter?
10. Plain or Peanut M&Ms?
11. Jeans or dress?
12. Swim in a pool or bounce on a trampoline?
And here are the people I've tagged:
Lisa at Live Laugh and Love to Learn
LaKeta at The Polka Dotted Desk
Emily at Second Grade Silliness
Lisa at Stories From Second
Sara at Smiling in Second
Miss DeCarbo at Second Grade Sugar and Spice
Ms. Smith at Adventures of Ms. Smith
Ginger at Ginger Snaps
The Bubblegum Tree
Traci at Dragonflies in First
Christina at Live. Laugh. Teach.
Heather at Heather's Heart
If you made it to the end of this, thanks for reading! Hi Mom!!!
Tag!!! Hope you have a great Monday!